March 3, 2010

Candice added to USA Basketball National team roster

USA Basketball announced today that Candice is one of 12 players that have been added to the 2010-12 USA Basketball Women’s National Team roster from which the 2010 USA World Championship Team and the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team will be selected.

Candice had this to say:

What does it mean for you to be named to the USA Basketball Women’s National Team?
This is an amazing honor. Playing for the USA has been a dream of mine since I was a young player, and will continue to be so in my career as a professional athlete. It’s amazing to be a part of this "dream" team’s journey, and to have a chance to compete for a spot. America is full of so many talented players and it’s great. It breeds healthy competition and I'm ready for that.

You have a lot of international experience playing with USA Basketball. What did you learn from that and how do you think it played a factor in your selection?
I’ve been playing for USA Basketball since I was 17, and it’s taught me a lot in these six years. I’ve been able to grow a healthy appreciation for the international game through my participation in the various international competitions. I’ve always seen playing on the national team as the ultimate achievement. USA sets the highest standard for women’s basketball in the world, and I’ve learned to always take pride in that.

What are your strengths, what do you bring to the mix?
I believe my strengths are not only what I can bring individually, but what I can bring to the team. I’ve matured as a player and I understand the international game much better from a basketball perspective. But I also understand what it means to sacrifice and play for a bigger cause, and that’s exactly what USA Basketball is all about. I’m honored to have the opportunity to help make this team great.

Read more...

No comments: